Vivekananda School of Economics (VSE), VIPS
The BA Honors program in Economics is designed to provide students rigorous undergraduate training in economic analysis. The aim is to expose students to multiple perspectives within the discipline-the social, historical, and political dimensions of economics and to familiarize them with data handling and data analysis.
1. Critical Thinking Skills
- Apply economic analysis to everyday problems in real world situations.
- Analyze current events and evaluate specific policy proposals.
- Evaluate assumptions in arguments to analyze a specific economic or policy problem.
2. Analytical Skills
- Use empirical evidence to evaluate the validity of an economic argument.
- Conduct appropriate statistical analysis of data and interpret results accurately.
3. Problem-Solving Skills
- Solve and address problems that may not have clear solutions.
- Apply microeconomic and macroeconomic theory to real life issues in fields of economics.
- Estimate economic models using real data, forecast, and interpret estimates.
Program Specific Outcomes:
- Develop a deep understanding of the basic theoretical framework underlying the field of macro and micro economics.
- Develop a clear understanding of the operations of money and banking and their interaction with the rest of the economy.
- Apply theories and interrelations of international trade and development with domestic macro policies.
- Apply mathematical and statistical models on econometrics to decipher the micro and macro-economic phenomena.
- Articulate strategies related to sustainable development.